1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulics on a 9030 Ford Bi-Directional

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Camden, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What is the secret to getting the loader hydraulics to work on a bi-directional? Today I took off the mowing unit and I hooked up the loader but it *barely* works. I can get it to lift a few inches off the ground and it will tilt back and forth very slowly. There's got to be some lever that can give the remote hydros more flow but I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone?

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know about the older units, but on the new TV's you can turn up the flow inside the cab. The nob's are on the loader end in mine and they consist of three dials.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Are the knobs Green, Blue and White? I saw those and I didn't want to mess with them. Should I put those on max?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The blue dial is on max, the other two are set half-way and don't want to move very easily. Do you think that's my issue? They could be frozen, it's been pretty cold here lately.

5. blowerman

Those should be the dial. Follow all of the joints (it's mechanical) and lube them up real well.
    Try to turn up the flow and then keep me posted.

6. changexlt

changexlt Junior Member
    from ND

Which outlets are you hooked up to? Usually the blue was the 3rd fuction (grapple), tan was the loader lift, and green was the bucket tilt.

Do your hydraulic levers move the entire travel distance?

7. blowerman

When conditions are rather frigid, the levers are quite stiff and move slow. What is the exact problem?

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Right there is my problem, I have the hoses for the lift hooked into the blue remotes. I assumed it was right because there is blue tape on the hose ends. I will switch them around and try it again. Thanks guys.