1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulics lift...how is it suppose to operate?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjtatar, Feb 19, 2003.

1. cjtatar

cjtatar Member

I have a Meyers E47 on my 94 FS Chevy (custom installation). My question is with the hydraulics. I cannot lift my plow off the ground when I plow the snow into a pile, nor after ramming a pile (which leaves heavy compressed snow on the plow itself). Its as if I do not have enough upward force. My motor cranks fast, whether under load or not. Seems like the fluid is not being pumped into the cylinder and is diverted back into the reserve in the pump. Also, there are times when I cannot move left/right (angle) while under load. I was under the impression that I could push into a pile and lift the blade as I move forward....creating somewhat of a ramp.

Do I need to rebuild the pump or solenoids?

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Sounds like the pump may be worn out.

First check and make sure you are getting good voltage to the pump.

Also check how the speed of the plow angling is. (should be slighly faster then lifting)

If the pump is old it may be time for a rebuild. A good working e47 should lift even a large 9' plow without a problem.
  3. cjtatar

cjtatar Member

With just the plow on (no snow or ice build up i.e. additional weight), it does angle significantly quicker than raising it. Can I purchase a pump rebuild kit, or do you know which parts I need to purchase for the rebuild?