1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulics heating up.

Discussion in 'Kage Innovation Snow Plow Systems' started by CCL Landscaping, Oct 19, 2013.

1. CCL Landscaping

CCL Landscaping Senior Member

Finally tried out my kage to make sure its ready to go. Noticed it made a loud sound when angling in one direction. Can't remember which. Also the bottom aux coupler on my 242b3, the attached hose and the right hand piston were heating up even after only half a dozen angles. Not just warm...burn your hand hot. Anyone else experience this? Or am I just snow crazy
  2. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Hot Cylinder

Hmm That sounds like maybe a defective cylinder. Give us a call when you get a chance and we will figure out what's going on.

Thank you!
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

the old rule to follow was, if hdy is heating up it is bypassing thru something to small for the pressure....as mentioned above...a ding on the cyl will damage the seals inside and allow it to bypass...a selinoid partially open will do the same thing
  4. CCL Landscaping

CCL Landscaping Senior Member

Ended up putting restrictor on both couplers. seems to be working better now. Hoping for a light first snow storm so we can keep an eye on it.