1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulics are moving. Should I buy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 88gmcjimmytahoe, Nov 10, 2014.

1. 88gmcjimmytahoe

88gmcjimmytahoe Junior Member

Hello all! I'm trying to decide whether to buy this truck and plow or not. It seems like a great deal, but i have one question. The plows electrical is not set up so I can't see the plow work quite yet ( I generally trust the guy so I'm not too worried). The hydraulic arms move in and out though if you pull/push on them and the machine isn't on. There's no new oil, and the motor is not running. Should the hydraulics have this movement or should it be sturdy in place if the plow is not operating? Thanks so much! Answers ASAP would help very much. I appreciate it.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What plow?
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If all lines are hooked up you should not be able to move the rams except maybe pull up lift ram.