1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic valve, coil and Controler ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Nov 5, 2012.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

Does anyone carry an extra Hydraulic valve, coil or plow controller as emergency parts?

Never had these parts go out on me but I'd rather be safe than sorry just didn't know if it was really necessary or not to have these parts on hand.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Although I do not carry with me in the truck after years of owning BOSS plows I do have spare everything in the garage.
    Angle cylinders - 2
    pump with all coils and hydraulic valves attached.
    hoses 3 long and one short brand new and 2 long and one short used.
    Smart hitch 2 toggle
    Pushframe attachment bar
    I even have a spare frame where the headlights mount from early 2000's plows

I could buy a moldboard and A-frame and build a plow if I wanted to.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not many guys carry spare coils, valves or controllers in their rescue box as none of them are common to fail. But if you wish (for your straight blade) carry a lift/lower coil because when you lose one it's always the lower coil since it sees the most use. Then an angle valve as they're normally the only ones that ever fail; due to striking an object hard.

If you're running a handheld controller you could carry a spare if you budget is fat but most don't as they're pretty reliable. If you run a joystick don't bother with a spare as they're very reliable and in a pinch can be disassembled and fixed on the fly to get through an event if needed.
  4. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

@ B & B with the angel valve and coil isn't there just one valve that operates the right and left angel and the same for the coil.

I have the 8ft super duty RT3

You don't happen to know a part number do you.

Thank you
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there is only a single angle valve that performs both angle directions (which is nice). It uses two coils stacked on it. For the correct valve p/n you'll need the p/n off the valve manifold itself first. You'll find it stamped right on the front if you pop the pump cover off. Should be either HYD07065 or HYD07091 depending on when it was manufactured.

• HYD07065 manifold = HYD07029 angle valve
    • HYD07091 manifold = HYD07100 angle valve

Note: there will be more than one set of numbers on the manifold so be sure to match up to one of the numbers provided.