1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic V Plows for ATV

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by First Responder, Feb 23, 2016.

1. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Upgrading our current straight blade. Who's running V's with hydraulics on their ATVs? Pros/cons,manufacturer,pictures,sizes ect. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Also looking into getting a V for an atv. Any thoughts on the Boss 5' 6 Power V XT ?

3. P.I.L.C.

P.I.L.C. Junior Member

We bought a boss v plow for our polaris ranger 900 utv this season and its worked awesome. Its 6'6" so it only works on sidewalks wider than 6'. Most of our walks around here are only 4' wide so the 5'6" plow would be to wide as well so we only use it on our commercial stuff. With the v plow I can move just as about as much snow as our straight blade on a truck. When I first put it together I was worried about battery lasting through a storm. Polaris dealer said it would be just fine so the only thing I did was put a high capacity battery in replace of the factory one. The only other thing with the blade is the way the cutting edge wears. The ends are worn at least twice as much as the centers. When I go to replace the cutting edge I'm going to double up the ends which should help quite a bit. Other than that it operates no different than a truck plow. I put the plow together and installed it on the utv myself which was pretty simple to install. I know this isn't on an atv but wouldn't think it'd be much different. Hope I answered all your questions

4. First Responder

from 48015

Thank you for the input!

5. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Thanks as well!

6. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

the only V I know of for ATV's is the Boss,

though Moose makes a V for UTV that you could run on a ATV if you wanted.

those are the only 2 that I know of

Cycle country at 1 time had a V plow for ATV's but it was manual adjustment and was pretty flimsy and didn't hold up well over the long run.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sure would be nice if Boss\Toro would expand the # of mounts they have for ATV's. Not sure why I have to make sure I purchase one of like 3 quads that they have mounts for.

8. First Responder

from 48015

Ain't that the truth. I did look back at old posts and saw you mentioned a blackline hydraulic plow. I realize it's not a V, but I do like the down pressure aspect. Mark, do have experience with this plow, or know anyone that has?

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I don't, not sure what direction I will be going next year, as I am not that thrilled with the limitations of the quad or ZSpray on heavier snowfalls.

Having said that, Toro/Boss is really screwing the pooch by having such limited offerings for their ATV plows.

10. billyc

billyc Junior Member

We bought a Snowrator late last year. We have only had wet heavy stuff around here this year and it worked awesome. Unbelievably productive and well thought out. We did have to load the de-ice tank up for better traction. Supposedly they are working on a unit that will handle a blower. Nice thing is its made by the Z-Spray people and we have had great luck with the company.

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

They now have a V for ATV's.

atvv.jpg

12. First Responder

from 48015

I have noticed that western, fisher, and snow ex are coming out with v blades for utv's. I realize that there might be some fab work involved, but is it feasible to use a utv plow on a atv?

13. sublime68charge

I would think so though. you may need to beef up the front ATV suppension to help hold the extra weight.

What ATV are you using?

14. First Responder

from 48015

2007 polaris sportsman 700efi.

15. sublime68charge

should have plenty of power for what you want to due. and weight for traction as well,

what area's are you plowing? Small lots or long sidewalk runs?

due you plow in High or Low?

How much snow on avg will you be plowing?

have you decide what your going to due?

just curious is all

good luck!

16. First Responder

from 48015