1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic sander???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jake 0424, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Jake 0424

Jake 0424 Junior Member
    from Boston

What does it take to install a hydraulic sander on a f350 that is not set up for it? How does a hydraulic sander work??

2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Well you have to plumb the truck for hydraulics which I believe involves installing a pump and resovoir, plumb controls into the truck and plumb lines to the back. Gets pretty pricey I believe.

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

MJM has it right, it's not the kinf of thing you'd really do as an afterthought. Well I wouldn't at least. You can get gas/hydraulic spreaders, if you buy stainless and put on a truck later with the hydro option then you just convert it to hydro only. As I understand it(never done it) it's not a big deal if it's a combo unit originally. Or you can just go electric v-box and have it simple.