1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Quick Coupler Plate for Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by contractor078, Feb 20, 2012.

1. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

All i was just wondering if you could change your standard (lever style) skid steer coupler to a hydro one? I have a CAT 236b and find my self constantly in and out of the machine changing buckets or attachments. How nice would it be to be able sit in the machine and just change attachments with out fighting the levers up and down.

Okay so the question is it possible? Cost estimate? Worth it?

thanks.

2. contractor078

no one? i know it would be a dealer only re fit just wondering all your thoughts.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Going to be spendy, I bet you would have 2k or more into it. 2 cylinders, pins, springs, washers, hoses, valve, wiring, and switch

4. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

Bradco did make a kit idk if they still do or not

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Just thought about this, the new D series Cats use electric activated pins. No longer hydraulic activated, might be able to use that system it might be cheaper?? Just a thought. Just looked up Bradco they only make a kit for Gehl/Mustang/Takeuchi, JCB,and Komatsu

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Someone made an electric one for a skid and posted about it awhile back that I remember seeing.

7. contractor078

I think that HLA made one that had the hydraulics all linked up in it. Really would love to get a new 259C but they are spendy and with this one paid for kind of makes it hard to justify. Thats why i was wondering what everyone's thoughts where.

8. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  9. contractor078

that is a pretty slick little set up there. I think little more than i want to undertake my self. I think i may give the dealer a call and see what they say.

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

The biggest problem with CAT is they make their stuff just different enough to where you have to go to them to get parts and what not. I love my CAT but this is the one aspect of their stuff I don't like. They have the best equipment out there, they know it and they charge accordingly. The conversion you want can be done but its going to be expensive. My only question is...how much is your comfort worth? I'm spoiled since I have the quick attach on my machine but if I didn't I don't know that I would spend what they want to convert it. Personally I would try like hell to find a way to justify a new 259! Hahahaha

11. NICHOLS LANDSCA

When did a 259C come out?

12. contractor078

man i want to more than you know. that 259 is a freaking SWEET machine! haven't called yet. i am little scared of what they may tell me.

13. contractor078

Sorry that should have been the » 259B Series 3 thought it was the C not the Series 3.

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Ahh was wondering. Ya that frame size with that power would be great

15. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

ok my bad i thought it was a universal kit

16. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

link to the bradco kit?

17. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

18. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Any idea on price?

19. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Maybe around $1200-1500. I had that setup on my CK-35 and it worked well.

20. contractor078

well i spoke to my local dealer and with out really crunching the numbers for my machine he had told me that he would estimate that its about 2500 to swap it out. Said that the coupler is like 1500 bucks by it self. they had told me that is what the cost is when they add it to a new machine. Well for that kind of bucks i think that i am going to just have to deal with changing them my self...and wait till i get that 259 that i want.