1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by brad_diesel, Oct 14, 2005.

1. brad_diesel

brad_diesel Junior Member

i just got done going over my 810 (complete teardown and rebuild) everything was working fine for a few cycles, now the only thing that moves normal is the angle cylinders. wings go in and out but are very slow, but wings wont swing out, and the blade will not lift off the ground more than a few inches. i cracked a few valves loose to check them and it has a lot of air spitting out. Is this my problem, to much air in the system right now and if so, what is the easiest way to bleed the whole system. any help with this would be awesome. thanks in advance.

2001/2002 blizzard 810 with only one season on it

gary s :cry:
  2. brad_diesel

never mind, i figured it out and everything is working good again. thanks
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

What was the solution to your problem? Readers like to see how problems were solved.

4. brad_diesel

no problem, whats wierd is i dont know how it happened, but the draw tube in the holding tank was pointing in the upward position, so when the fluid level dropped during operation, it was drawing air as well as fluid. i was convinced the pump was bad, so i tore it apart and found nothing wrong. so having mixed emotions (happy pump was ok, sad i still did not know what was wrong) i decided to put it back together. thats when i noticed the draw tube (the one with the screen) pointing up but back a bit. it was tight yet so im not sure when it moved or how because it worked fine last season, and that was not one of the things i went over on my rebuild. i have to say though, im actually very glad i went over this thing, since there are no dealers in my area (45min. away) now if anything goes wrong, i know this thing like the back of my hand. It sure looks intimidating, but once you get into it, its actually pretty easy. outside of not having a part i need, i no longer have the fear of "what if" hope my experience can be of some help to anyone else.

Blizzard plows rock, im having a 760sw installed on my 2000 expedition next friday, i cant wait. this one is for the wife. the benefit of wings, but its all automatic. these guys are amazing. :drinkup: