1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic pump setup

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wahlturfcare, Feb 15, 2007.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

yesterday while i was plowing all day with no problems i started to hit my car wash and when i was doing the back and pushed the snow, i tried to lift the plow ad it wouldnt do any thing just stuck down. after a bit it did go back up. It has been doing it ever since. sometimes it wont go down, left or right or jerks as it goes up. It is a electric hyro pump(belt driven) under the hood.
    The electric switch lights up inside, but you dont hear the pump turn on when its messing up. It cant be low on fluid as you would hear it howl from being low or empty.

Any ideas?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

where's the juce

what kind of plow is this?sounds like a constant drive pump or clutch pump if so is the electric clutch engaging, some pumps run all the time like a power steering pump and use electrical operated solenoid valve to direct the oil flow ,if so check voltage to the coils see if there is magnetism on the coils, if not the coils are bad , if so check to see if the coils are moving,if so check pump pressure ,this is all i can think of with the information given.:confused: