1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic pump rebuild kits

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by T-Trim, Dec 28, 2007.

1. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction in finding a rebuild kit for a pump on a C65 Dump truck. The pump that lifts the dump bed.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

pump

you will need more info what brand and model of pump ,elec or pto drive ,clutch pump belt drive model and s/n #?

3. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Well the info I do have is. The truck is a 1978 c65 dump with a Galion body on it. I have #'s with the body too. 868837 and u730-1 are the numbers on the dump body itself. I hope this helps. Thanks

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might take some pictures of the pump and post on the ice control forum too. They deal with dumps a bit more. That vintage of a truck it could have been changed a few times from a OEM pump.

5. wild bill

pump

ditto, gallion had some very good pumps but spendy twin shafted units get some pictures ,you might have to go to a truck equipment dealer in your area.

6. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Thank you the replies. I took some pic's of the unit in question.

1.JPG

2.JPG

P1010026.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010028.JPG

7. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

and one more

P1010029.JPG

8. wild bill

pump kit

look's like a gallion pump.what wrong .leaking at ther shaft's ? or will not lift the box ?older unit gallion may have parts yet but last time i sold them was 15 years ago ! there were v packings on the shafts and body shims between the housings,with wear plate's center sections and gears o-ring's on the shifter shaft going to have to blast it off and on a flat surface on the top or side it had the model stamped i am not sure 104 204 354c ? i have some of my old books yet ,send me a private massage or e mail seabee2@mchsi.com

9. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Thank you. The unit works fine I just want to stop the leaking. I will look for the model # tomorrow. It's just to *ucking cold out tonight.