1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic pump question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 13, 2008.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey all, I have a few questions about a hydro pump. Some of you know I am going to be putting a back blade on my truck next year and I would like to have a 8 footer that opens up to 12 feet. My questions are.

1 I would like to have the wings operate indepently. Basically I would like to have 1 wing closed and the other open (at different times, when needed). I know it is possible but how many valves would the pump need for each to operate seperatly?

2 Can anyone give me some info on a pump for a application described above?

3 Would the pump be like a snow way snow plow pump? Being that all there hydros are dual acting, and they can get down pressure.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Call Mason Dynamics in Comstack Park. They will have the pump you need.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thanks crash. I will call them tommorrow. Does anyone know what a pump like this might cost???
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You can get double acting cylinders and 2 way valves. Any hydraulic pump that you can add valves to will work. You can run a pump to a valve body and then to the cylinders. I built my work barge that way. I have a pump, valve body with 5 valves to do different functions. You will need to run 2 hoses to each cylinder too. Northern Tools is a great source for all the items. http://www.northerntool.com/
  5. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Check your PM.