1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic pump problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wahlturfcare, Dec 18, 2006.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a older dodge that has a belot driven pump under the hood for the sander and plow and it worked fine last season. I just hooked the plow and sander back up to the truck and now when you turn the switch on for the pump it screaches/hums loud. but then goes away and acts normal after the truck warms up for a bit. Could there be air in the lines maybe since they were unhooked all summer? also, all the soleinoids are hooked up seperatly on the fender. can i bleed from them? it is a western blade and swenson spreader.

2. sounds like the belt is slipping.single belt or doubble i have a double belt system and the pump is high on motor and sometimes it takes a minuit to prim when its cold! hope thos helps.also check tank make shure level is good