1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Pump for 2000 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ballbytch, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Ballbytch

Ballbytch Junior Member

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering if anyone, anyone knows of a way to hook up a hydraulic pump for a Fisher plow on a 2000 Chev Suburban. Apparently there is no pulley for the pump to hook too. Is there another way to hook this up. Just got the stupid thing all hooked up to the frame and everything, then called the shop to have them hook up the pump and was told that it can't be hooked up. But I know there has to be a way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sherry

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

2 ways, replace the pulley on the pump with a ribbed pulley for the serpentine and find a belt long enough to run on everything or add a V belt pulley off the crank but that would end up being a long V belt

3. Ballbytch

Ballbytch Junior Member

Thanks Nichols,

I am going to take this to the garage with me. Then see what he has to say about that. Telling me there is no possible way to put that on. Whatever!! LOL

Thanks again.
    Sherry

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Don't thank me too much it's always easier said than done, but can be done:mechanic:

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

My old 87 ford had a pump on it and it had an extra pulley on the crank. Th bolt for the crank just came out and the pulley fit into the existing crank pulley. Fairly simple I thought.

Or go as stated above, add a serpentine pulley on the pump and get a longer belt. That is the setup on my 8.1 that I have now.

6. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

How about just find an electric unit and use that instead?