1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Pump Check / Service

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vmax29, Dec 10, 2009.

1. vmax29

vmax29 Junior Member

Hello to all, I'm new to the forum so bear with me. I have a Fisher 8' plow I picked up used. it was mounted on a suburban prior and we are fabricating a mount to put it on my 77 416 Unimog. I have onboard Meiller hydraulics factory for the dump bed and rear circuit (runs a chainsaw or any other hydraulic tools) but the pump runs off the rear PTO so it won't be much use while I am driving and plowing. The plow came with a hydraulic "Packet" pump which has the resevoir built in. Seems very simple. What I need to know before I go crazy fabricating and mounting this is how do I test it to see if it is working. It spins free and seems clean enough. The usual surface rust is present. I have an extra pulley that should mate up nicely with this pump. Thanks in advance for any help. I will probably have lots more questions for you so please bear with me. And kindly don't beat me up with the usual search the archives replies. I will check them eventually just putting in too many hrs. at work for the holidays right now to sit and read alot and snow is on its way. But please, if there was something written on this send a link if it was already covered.

Thank you!

Sean

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Hi Sean,

It's good to see a fellow Mog list member here. Contact the dejana.com dealer in your area as they can probably set you up. Your truck is 12 and not 24 volt right? You can get a headlight harness to work w/ sealed beam bulbs but w/ the Euro bulbs you may have to hard wire them.

Go to fisherplows.com and click on technical help button and follow the leads to your model plow. You can see all the parts w/ part numbers.

Good luck.

3. vmax29

vmax29 Junior Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info! It is a 12 Volt system. I went ahead and bought an electric hydraulic pack from an old Fisher Speedcast system. I got everything together and decided against trying to do this in the driveway. So instead of taking chances I found a fabricator here who works on plows for a big landscaping co. He is building me a mount that will allow me to leave the HPC winch mounted in place. Hopefully it will be done next week. The problem I found with the belt drive hydraulics was finding a place to mount it in the confines of the 416. Wherever I tried to locate it it would have been hell to fill the reservoir and maintain it. This is a great forum. Lots of info.

Happy New Year,
    Sean