1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic pressure for skid steer blower

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by randy4354, Oct 19, 2013.

1. randy4354

randy4354 Junior Member

Hi I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed the reading that I've done on here so I thought passing this question to the experts here.I have a Gehl 5625 ss and I'm thinking of buying a snow blower for it.The max gph of the blower is 24gph and the ss is 21 with standard the pump.But the ss also has the optional hi flo pump but it max's out at 34.I would like to get the most out of the blower so my question is ,is there a in-line regulator that can be installed on the hi-flo pump hydraulic line as to match the 24gph of the snow blower?If not what can one do to the hi flo to match up with the blower?Any input would be great!

Thx Randy

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You don't wanna restrict the high flow. Just run the blower on the low flow you won't miss the technical 3 gpms

3. randy4354

randy4354 Junior Member

Thx diesels for the input.I had read that some didn't like the performance of the ss blowers when they were running under their max gph.Also some of the posts seemed to be done by anti ss blower people.So I was trying to find out if the blower performance is affected that much.Im going this week to maybe buy the blower.Do you have any other things to consider with the blowers?

Thx Randy

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know much about them. I know more about the skids