1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic motors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bsrservices1, Oct 18, 2016.

1. bsrservices1

bsrservices1 Junior Member

Ive got a 12ft plow id like to switch from machine to machine. However some of out machines dont have aux hydraulics. What is a good 12v hydraulic pump that i could use to angle the plow only?

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Search Monarch Hydraulics. They may have been bought out, not sure.

3. bsrservices1

I was thinking they might, havent had a chance to get the computer out to look. Someone else had also mentioned a dual acting dump trailer pump but i wasnt sure.

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Is it just up down, or also need angle function?

5. bsrservices1

Only need it to angle.

6. bsrservices1

Would an older meyer e47 pump work? Just found 3 of them at the old shop. Not sure if ot would have enough pressure?

7. Toxic

Toxic Junior Member

8. bsrservices1

It doesnt have to be super fast. Im almost wondering if i couldnt just use one of these old plow pumps. I would obviously only use the angle function on it. Just not sure if they would handle a 12ft plow. If its questionable id rather have a fenner or monarch,

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

This would be more a matter of ram size. If yours are close to those used on Meyer plows I see no reason it wouldn't work. Meyer used 1.5"x10" or 12" rams.

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

It would also be very simple to wire up a Meyer pump for just angling. There pumps go left with just the motor and right with motor and C valve.

11. bsrservices1

I might just try it with a meyer pump i have here. If it doesnt work ill just have to buy a good pump.

12. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Left and right would be find for elect. However these electric pumps would be slow in lifting and might not even have enough force(pressure) to lift that thing if it had a lift cylinder. Hence the reason larger setups have central hydraulics with very large voulme pumps. Note; Pressure equals force and volume equals speed.

13. bsrservices1

I only need it to angle

14. bsrservices1

The plow that im planning on using is on a 3 point. So the machine will do the lifting, i just need a pump to angle. I plan on switching the plow from my schedule loader to my tractor or my payloader they all have three point mounts. but they don't all have auxiliary hydraulics. this is why I am looking for a pump to turn the plow only.

15. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Look for a double acting pump as well. I.E. power up power down is what you want. They have a relief built into those that you can set the pressure.

16. bsrservices1

Ive been told anything from dual acting dump trailer pumps to fenner or monarch. I might try that meyer pump. I guess if it doesnt work im only out a few days waiting for another pump.