1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic line couplers stuck

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by D.todd6, Dec 12, 2010.

1. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

The hydraulic couplers on my E47 keep getting stuck together. I'm assuming this is from water because when I heat them up they come right apart. Is there some way to prevent them from getting stuck?
  2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

If they keep getting water in them either you have a bad coupler or you have water in your system. Try flushing the system and putting new fluid in it. if your couplers are worn out they will not fit tighly and allow water to come in.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's just the nature of the beast with couplers in very cold weather. The water gets under the collars and freezes thus they won't slide back. Used to carry a hand torch in all the trucks due to this back in the day when running plows with couplers. Windshield de-icer works good too.

Periodically spraying them with Fluid Film will prevent it. We didn't have it back then. :realmad: