1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic lift cylinder

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by sealcoater, Jan 9, 2010.

1. sealcoater

sealcoater Junior Member

Has anyone tried the 12 volt lift cylinder from northern tool.It looks like it might work pretty well to lift a plow,just dont know how strong it is.

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Post a link so guys don't have to chase down what your talking about. :)

3. Viperjry

Viperjry Member

Yep might be a good idea. I looked on their site and still couldn't find it.

4. sealcoater

sealcoater Junior Member

Part #

Northern tool part #125011 northern industrial linear actuator....Think it would work.Hook it up just like a truck cylinder,or mount it directly to the plow and you would have down force.Maybe

5. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I don't see anyplace where it states it is hydraulic.

Years ago I tried a screw actuator, it didn't last long due to the rough surface I plow. For down pressure I found it was best to have a forgiving down pressure rather than a solid down pressure. In other words, if the blade hits a rock let it move up rather than hold it solid.

Plus, I found the actuator was too slow for my purposes. The one you are looking at runs at 1.57 ft. per minute. For comparison purposes the Warn 2500 winch I use runs at 18 ft. per minute.

6. countryboy9799

countryboy9799 Junior Member
    from MN

7. ALC-GregH

from pa

I was going to look into the Mibar kit but found out it will not work with a Power Pivot. :cry:

8. Sportsman500??

Sportsman500?? Member
    from PA

I have a feeling that it would not do to well in the cold.

9. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

most things don't work with the power pivot, including the power pivot itself. :waving:

ok sorry about that but I could'nt resist.

you get your key's yet and a bracket made to help hold them in place?

10. ALC-GregH

from pa

I sure did. I spent most of the day getting it ready before the last storm. The funny thing is, they sent me new replacements overnight that are 2mm thicker then the original keys. So I had to spend half the day grinding them flat enough to fit in the slots. I had called Warn to let them know they sent the wrong keys. The guy said he'd get the right keys out to me next day. Well, they came and they are used and bent AND both are different sizes. They aren't worth a *****. You can clearly see the difference. The one on the right is the thicker new one then they sent me the junk ones on the left. To me, that's not acceptable as a replacement part. I'm done with Warn products. I'll find better alternatives to use then Warn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ALC-GregH

from pa

Pics aren't that good sorry.