1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Leak from Filler

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BigDawg99, Jan 5, 2013.

1. BigDawg99

BigDawg99 Junior Member

we just got our Boss RT3 recently..we purchased it used and after the first Plowing job..we noticed we had a Leak...We determined the leak was coming from the Filler elbow..Broke Right off...Part Number HYD04810 and HYD0409...Can these parts be ordered and installed easily..we are new to the Boss Plow and surely dont have a clue about Plows...

This is My First Post as a New Member from the Plowsite...Lots of good reading here and very informative...glad to be a part of your Forums...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Toughest part is extracting the broken piece from the reservoir but being plastic that isn't even tough. Just takes a little finesses and a screwdriver or sometimes a large easy-out. Worse case scenario you can pull the pump unit from the lift tower and work with it on the bench.

3. BigDawg99

BigDawg99 Junior Member

Thanks B&B...

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I had this happen on one of my plows 2 years ago.
    I also found the reason it broke was the pump had came loose. The underside bolts that hold it somehow fell out. While you replace the filler tube make sure the pump is tight with no movement. I believe there is a 2 bolts under and one on the back side to keep it in place.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I usually find them broken because some mechanic decided it would be a handy place to put his foot for reaching underhood repairs.

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I guess my feet are to big to even think of that but knowing some wrenchs out there I can see that being the case. :dizzy: