1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic jack does not have enough power

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Jamesonplows, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Jamesonplows

Jamesonplows Junior Member

My jack will extend, but does not seem to have enough power to lift the plow once it hits the ground. The fluid reservoir is full and all other functions of the plow work no problem.
    Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this issue?
    Thank you for any help you can give.

2. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

I am having a very similar situation with mine, it goes down but just doesn't seem like it has enough power. I am also having problems with the jack going back up

3. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

give Angelo a call 1 800 343 7676 ex 3043

4. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Check fluid levels and hoses for any leaks could have an hydrolic fluid leaks

5. Jamesonplows

Thank you all for your replies!

6. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Let us know what you solution you find.

7. Jamesonplows

I think the jack is actually fine. A couple of weeks ago I flipped the cutting edge to the fresh side. I realized that the resulting extra 2 or so inches in height of the mold board effected the tilt of the head gear and attachment point. I simply pulled the head gear forward and adjusted the lift chain up one link. That solved the problem and it works just like it used to. I probably should have realized that to beggin with.
    Ferrisdiesel, I don't know if this is the same case with you, but it wouldn't have any effect on the jack going up anyway I suppose. I hope it works out for you soon if it has not already.