1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Craigweuve, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Craigweuve

Craigweuve Junior Member

I have a 1986 GMC 7000 series dump truck with a 427 gas engine I am having issues with the hydraulic system it has a belt driven pump that powers the under tailgate spreader with a dual flow control valve when you flip the lever over to start the spreader running with the dual flow control set on high it acts like there is to much pressure because the belt and or the clutch on the pump starts to squeal, if you leave it done on 3 it spins the spreader fine and it doesn't squeal. I have replaced the electric clutch and replaced the dual flow control valve I have hooked up the hoses bypassing the flow control valve it seems to work fine. Looking for any help I can get
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

I am gonna need more info to figure it out. Can give me a call if you want. 8 1 4 - 7 9 7 - 5 1 4 6

3. LON

LON Senior Member

I'm thinking a quick coupler(s) is not fully opening and when you are increasing the oil flow it is re-seating the ball onto the seat.