1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Hoses Wrapped....and Rig is Ready.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doakster, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I finished up wrapping my hydraulic hoses on my ExtremeV with neoprene tape. This stuff is very thick and goes on well. My hoses should last awhile with these on it.

Here is a link to the wrap. It's not cheap either, but I think it's worth it.

http://www.cofair.com/hydraulic_hose_protection.aspx

And here is how it turned out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

And here is a couple more action shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Doakster, that truck is boss. The 08 Tow mirrors look really good, hope you get to try out that XTreme V plenty this winter. Real nice rig - Nick

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Nice! Looks likr the Fords are taking over recently

5. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I put the 08 Tow mirrors on about a month ago, I just haven't got around to wiring up the running lights, turns and heated mirrors. I'll get to it at some point hopefully before the winter.

Just think of how it will look with a leveling kit and 35s on it....that's my next plan.

6. stroker79

What length did you get for your hydro wrap? was it the right amount?

7. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Doakster, How did u come by the '08 mirrors? Did you buy them new, where did u get them from? They actually look really good. Its the first time ive seen the '08 mirrors on anything other than an '08.

Sharp truck.

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I bought 3 sections, 12ft long each, 36ft total, and I used every bit of it. Cost for that was about $80 bucks shipped:eek:

They make it in 50ft and 300ft rolls too, next time I think I'll just get a 50ft roll.

The stuff is really tough and thick, most hydraulic shops I went to didn't even know of the stuff, so I had to source it online. I've seen it used in a number of applications and if better than anything else in my opinion for protecting you're hoses.

9. stroker79

Cool thanks, yeah I asked cause I saw the lengths available and then the pricing. Just didnt want to get too much or little. Ill get the 50 foot roll, its only $108 which I dont think is TOOOOO bad considering the cost/issues it could save.

10. gwnorth23

gwnorth23 Junior Member
    from Maine

That is a sweet ride, what part of Maine are you in? Mark

11. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

08 Tow mirrors are becoming a more common add on to 99-07 Trucks, the prices of the mirrors have sky rocketed the past year because they have become so popular.

When they first came out they were 400 for a pair of power, lighted, heated mirrors. Then they went to about 600, now they are around 800, ridiculous if you asked me.

I found my set new on ebay for 450. If you are interested here is the most common place to get them:

http://www.dfuser.com/catalog/2008-ford-superduty-towing-mirror-retrofit-kit-992007-f250f450.php

If you want I can contact the guy I got them from on Ebay, I think he was affiliate with a dealer and could get them for a good price.

12. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That's my thought...the cost saving in the end. You'll actually have a fair amount left with a 50ft roll.

The biggest pain in wrapping the hoses with a the complete roll intact. I didn't cut any of the rolls until I was done because I wanted to get the most out of them. It's a good thing I did because I would have had a number of start/stop points.

13. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

sweet ride. Beefy looking thing!

14. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Grew up in Augusta, I'm up there all the time...live in Bath now....probably moving to Auburn area some point soon, got to be closer to work.

15. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Love the new tow mirrors! Sick looking truck too

16. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Not to Hi-Jack the thread but another good wrap is heater hose attach with a couple of zip ties and elec. tape at the end

17. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That would work great too, and much cheaper.