1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic fluid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by andy bengtson, Nov 1, 2003.

1. andy bengtson

andy bengtson Junior Member

Hi I'm just looking for advise. I need to change the fluid for my Boss v plow What is the best way to change the fluid. There was no step by step in the owners manual. I would like this to go better then the rest of the things I do. Should I take off the hoses the more detail the better. I just just don't know. Thanks

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'd take the hoses off and flush everything out,including the angle cylinders,as this is where most of the crap will end up.

3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

4. andy bengtson

andy bengtson Junior Member

what do i need to do to flush the angle cylinders out? The Boss web site said how to fill. I would like the correct and easiest way to drain the system out. All helpful hints are requested.

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Removing the hoses and manually moving the blade will expel all the fluid from the cylinders.That will get most of it out,you don't really have to flush them.