1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydraulic fluid level

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MNLars, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MNLars

MNLars Junior Member

I am new to snow plows and plowing I just bought a truck and used 7-6 Western pro plow to clear our long driveway. When I bought it we loaded the plow into the back of the truck and a bunch of hydraulic fluid ran out when we took it out. I went to check the fluid level yesterday and fluid ran out of the plug so I figured it was full enough. Now the plow wont move. Any ideas? Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

what kinda plow? uni. or ultra? fluid ran outta where?

3. MNLars

MNLars Junior Member

It is an ultramount. When I pulled the filler plug fluid ran out. Not sure where it ran out of when we unloaded it.

4. dieselss

Hummmm if it was low it shouldn't have. But anyways, pull the fill plug in the back, and fill till fluid is on the threads. Run plow a few times, then lower lift ram and recheck fluid

5. MNLars

MNLars Junior Member

Thanks, I'l ltry that tonight

6. dieselss

Just to make sure, your talking about the plug at the back of the tank right? Not the breather cap up front?

7. MNLars

MNLars Junior Member

Yep, the one in the back

8. dieselss

Ok just double checking