1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic flow adjustment on SS8611

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Curbside, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Curbside

Curbside Junior Member
    from Canada

Does anyone know if the manifold has a adjustment to limit the flow. Currently the plow functions so fast that it is literaly banging apart. The plow is attached to S330 Bobcat. I was wondering if the Valve, Pressure Compensation Regulation would be a flow adjustment. It is #76 in the manual. I've already blown the seal out of one cylinder gland and looks like the other one is about ready to pop out. The plow moves so fast the glands are hitting the plow frame.

Thanks in advance

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I don't know the answer to your exact question.

But I do know you can add an inline restrictor to slow it down. Your local store with any kind of hydraulic selection will have one. Just screw the tip off the hose and put it inline, then screw the tip back on. If it's now too slow, just drill the orfice out a size bigger at a time until you reach the speed you want. I have to use them on tractors sometimes to slow down the chute controls.

hyd restrictor.jpg

RestrictorPhoto-2.jpg

hyd restrictor.jpg

RestrictorPhoto-2.jpg

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You can also buy an inline valve with an adjustment valve for a little more money and the you don't have to mess with taking it back off and it can be adjusted while in use.

4. fireside

fireside Senior Member

it's not a high flow is it. If it's on the normal side no need to adjust anything. i have two in cat skidsteers with no problems

5. Curbside

Curbside Junior Member
    from Canada

It is a high flow but it is not turned on. I have two blizzard blades as well and the one works perfectly with nice smooth movements and the other moves like a rocket. Strange. I ordered some inline flow controls today and will have them monday morning. Unfortunately now I have to rebuild one of the glands as we had to clear today and of course on the last lot the seal blew out.

6. Curbside

Curbside Junior Member
    from Canada

I took a look at the plow that's giving me problems and it shows it as serial number 28. So I think I may have got a proto type plow from way back. I actully bought this thing quite a few years ago but only started using it last winter. I noticed a few other things on the plow that do not match the parts list. For example the bolts that hold the cutting edge are the same bolts as the SS8610 1/2 inch bolts not the 5/8 bolts that are listed in the parts list so who knows what kind of manifold is in this unit. I have had other problems with this one as well. The frame snapped in 1/2 just behind the pivot point and had to fish plate and reweld it up.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I had an 810 that the frame broke out around the front pivot bushing. And that was a 2007. I rebuilt it way stronger. But was dissapointed something like that could fail. I think the A-Frames have been and always were a week point for them. I actually think since they changed the mount after DD bought them that the A-Frame design looks better/stronger.

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Methinks you need glasses then, Steve.

I have had to rebuild some of those on mine, but only after several years of use\abuse.

Curbside, I have positive stops welded on my a-frames to limit the movement of the turn cylinders. This helps with bent pins and overextending the ram.

9. Curbside

Curbside Junior Member
    from Canada

dfd9

I think after I machine a new gland and put in a new seal and put in flow restrictors I will also weld in stops. I've already rewelded and fish plated the A-frame. Heck I may as well not even call it a blizzard plow but rather just name after me. LOL

10. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

Don't know if you got u'r problem sorted out ??? …… But I got a brand new 8611SS just over a year ago, i'm running an A-300 w/hi-flow option as well ….but my complaint is it moves W-A-Y too slow, especially the wings ….. there is no difference in running the Bcat in standard or hi-flow mode ???? ….. Any tips or suggestions ??? …Thx