1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Filter?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beerguzzler50, Dec 13, 2007.

1. beerguzzler50

beerguzzler50 Junior Member

Is it a good idea to put a hydraulic filter (spin on like a truck oil filter) on a conventional Speedcast system? I am piecing an old one together and it would only be another $20 for a spin on filter setup. If so, should it go before belt driven pump or after? I am mostly worried about any old crud being in my system when I first use it since it hasn't been used in years.
  2. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

It can't hurt. I have an inline Fisher filter (like an inline fuel filter, only bigger.) It goes on the return line. You have one high-pressure line coming from the pump to the valves. Then high-pressure lines going from the valves to the rams out front. The other line going from the valves to pump is a low-pressure return. That's where you want you're filter.