1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Control Valve Issues -- Repost

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Craigwell, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Craigwell

Craigwell Junior Member

I originally posted this here: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=72984

(pics of Control Valve in that thread)

I bought this setup recently, and just installed it on my 76 F250.

Everything seems to work excellent. No leaks, no bleed down at all, lifts quickly, even at idle.

Well, regarding down.. It wont go down at all. I have made sure the cable is adjusted properly, and the spools do move the full range in the valve, I can spin them, etc.

It's not a lift cylinder issue, as the pump isn't loaded whatsoever when I push the spool in.

Is this something that I can fix, or am I hunting for a new control valve..

Thanks for any advice!

2. Craigwell

Craigwell Junior Member

could this possibly be a bleeding issue?? I wouldnt have thought air in the system would prevent the lift cylinder from retracting.... being compressible and all :)