1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydralic Fluid replacement

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SBrav77, Dec 16, 2005.

1. SBrav77

SBrav77 Junior Member

This is probably a dumb question. But, I'm a newbie to plowing and I need to ask it. I have an older style Western plow with the cable draw setup. I need to replace the hydralic fluid in the power unit. Could somebody please explain how to drain the fluid and where to add the new fluid. This is probably super easy to do. But, I have never done it before and don't have any manual's for the plow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to the site!
    Use the search function above before you post. Some stuff's been addressed many times.
    You can try to go to the Western web site and down load the repair / operations manual. I just sold a truck with the cable controlled pump on it
    (so now I can't go out and look at it for U). There is a drain plug on it,I just can't remember where. It should be at the bottom of where you add fluid. It's like a 5/8's bolt head. Use the blue cold weather fluid to replace what you drain out. If your new to plowing you so will not have the extra parts to remove the fluid from the rams and it may give you more trouble then it's worth.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005