1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HVAC blower switch?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by WOODY367, Oct 2, 2015.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have a.99 Yukon after 15 years the HVAC blower switch stopped working. Since then I have replaced it with a new AC delco switch. It seems I only get 6-8 months out of the switch before it goes bad. The switvh stope working unless you play with it, are sre the new switches just cheap junk or is there something more to it?I have replace them 5x already.

2. dpw2002

dpw2002 Junior Member
    from NNJ

Obs or nbs? The control on the dash or the resistor by the fan?

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Obs, control switch on the dash.

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Do the switches physically break, or do they burn up from excessive draw?

5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

It is like bad contact inside the switch. Put it on and sometimes it work and sometimes not. If you jiggle the switch or put pressure on it it will work. Today it stopped all together. I picked up a new one from autozone "not GM" they give a lifetime warranty but I am tired of changing them and the goes bad at the worst time.

6. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

Try replacing the resistor by the fan motor. Sometimes when there bad they draw too much current and can burn up switches which is the weakest part of the system

7. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Do all three items. Fan switch, resister, and blower motor. If the motor is old and drawing too much, it will take out the other items. Pretty common on other models Ive worked on.