1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler 3700 sidewalk unit review

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Hay boys, so today I got the opportunity to demo the new Hustler 3700 commerical mower, with the aftermarket snow blower attachment... Overall I have to say I was very impressed with the unit, with 4wd and a locking front and rear dif it could go thru some pretty deep snow, its 37 hp and i was able to bog it down, but I was also intentionally trying to and probably wouldn't if i was using this machine doing commerical walks... I think with a hydraulic or electric rear drop salter this thing would be mint year round unit! you can run a 60-72" deck up front all summer, a sweeper for the spring and winter, a blade and the blower... Only thing it could use is down pressure which isn't a problem with the blower but it would be nice when running a blade but there working on that so i heard... I was very impressed with how quiet it was inside and the heater worked VERY good... Overall a nice unit and something i would suggest looking into if your after a year round machine... Also the 15mph transport speed is very nice, no need to trailer this sucker around from site to site in the winter!

This unit was a demo from Mark of Nes-Tech Sales and Service from Stratford, ON

006.jpg

003.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Million $$$ question, how much for all the different pieces and main unit?

That looks like a real nice unit. I bet you want one now that you demo-ed one. :nod:

3. Triple L

from Canada

I cant remember the pricing... I'll let Mark chime in on that... I know its comparable to a 3720 Deere tho...

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It is a nice looking unit. I am looking into getting two 72 inch mowers, most likely with look at the stander zk because of the speed, and price isn't terrible.

I would assume that is a 20-30 machine with blower and mow deck, cab, bells, whistles.

5. Triple L

from Canada

Ya, Its the year round ability thats soo cool IMO, I know I got a $15,000 super Z and a $20,000 walker mower sitting in my shop right now taking up a whole bunch of space... It defentially isnt for everyone but it does have its place

6. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Also very comparable to the Kubota F~series front mounts with the cab. I priced one 3 years ago for #32K (unit,cab,60inch deck,blade & blower)

In fact the cab on that yellow machine looks like a carbon copy of Kubotas cab.

You'd need a lotta walkways in the winter for that machine to pay for itself!

7. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, busy day on the weather thread. Our little 18hp Kubota out front with 42 blower and 54 mower, open station, is $23,000. I just couldn't come up with $37,000 Mark needed for that wonderful a beast. Our Kubota travels with the '06 flat deck so road running it isn't an issue. I assume you didn't demo that unit anywhere near Kitchener today. If we could scrape together that amount of snow from the whole city I'd be amazed

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

why buy one of them when you can have a JD XUV with a plow & snow-ex salter for $23k and a 72" lazer z for another 13k?? just wondering....

9. WIPensFan

Sidewalks, Sidewalks, Sidewalks!

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Personally I have never seen the need for a blower doing sidewalks around here. Our 2 Kubota's are very similiar looking to that. The Hustler cab dooes look alot nicer though.

11. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

Love it:) Been looking at johndeere, holder, and toro. They are just so expensive.I would like to use it on condos for driveways and sidewalks.

12. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Why not Dave?

13. WIPensFan

How do you do sidewalks there?

14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

15. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

It'd be a great machine if you had a tight residential driveway route.

16. Triple L

from Canada

a small 9' ebling on that back would be decent for light snowfalls ;)

17. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I say snowblowers are the ideal machine for sidewalks, especially at condo's.:nod:

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I don't do condo's so I can't comment on them but my expeirence with blowers is that they are slow and higher in maintenance. I like how blowers basically get rid of the snow but in most years it's not needed with our annual snowfall. In Kitchener you get 40% more snow then us so I think blowers would benefit you more. We scape sidewalks alot with less then 1" of snow 10x more then 6" plus so I just think blades work better for us. JMO

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What type of tractor do you have your blower on?

20. A Man

A Man Senior Member

Chad, well done review, looks like stratford has more snow than us. Jealous.......

I'm impressed by the travel speed of such a small machine, what provisions do they have to power a drop spreader?

As for blower vs blade, even though we do get more snow here there has only been a handfull of times where we had to put a blower on our sidewalk machine to make room for futur snowfalls. We plow city sidewalks between 10-14mph, there's no way that could be done with a blower doing a decent job.

Neat machine, to bad I would also have no use for it in the summer.