1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Husker Noob

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mistifier, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

Greetings from Nebraska! New to the forum, but have read a quite a bit beforw joining. '16-17 will be my second season. 2005 dreaded 6.0 and love it. Old MVP. And 16' snow kontrol.

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome!

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Where in Huskerland are you from?

4. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

Grand Island, meth capital of the world.... or at least it seems.
    I dig ur avatar btw

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

A GI'r.......... LOL
    I've been there several times and also know several people from there too. Still know some guys at Hornady too.
    The BCG pic is a goody and most have no idea WTF it is.
    Since Colorado seems to be a destination spot for Huskers let me know when your in No Colo and I'll by you a beer, real beer not Busch light.....

Mistifier likes this.
  6. BigBlaine

BigBlaine Junior Member

Very cool.

Mistifier likes this.
  7. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

LOL. Budwieser then. Wife has family in firestone, and a friend with a ranch, you ever go rattle snake hunting? You ever come this way, "holla atcha boy" 3083909116

8. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

BB ive looked through the WHOLE networking forum didn't see you in there, where you been hiding?

BigBlaine likes this.
  9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Budweiser eh..... There's better options than that here... Lol
    I know some people in Firestone and it's blown up in the past 15 yrs or so.
    I just kill rattlesnakes that I see around my place, I prefer not to seek them out. Now Prairie Dogs I do pursue, typically do 45-50 days between April-November shooting those little bassterds.

Mistifier likes this.
  10. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

Me too! The wife and I used to hammer them 20-30 days a yr... Since i started farming i dont have any time. Used to run a tactical carbine league at Heartland Public Shooting Park. I miss giving my guns a workout twice a week.

11. BigBlaine

BigBlaine Junior Member

Just been laying low. Checking in from time to time.

12. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

It mistifies me that you said most people don't know what that avatar is. I guess I just assumed that most the guys on this site were shooters as well. Or maybe they are and just never clean their weapon? Or maybe I'm just crazy for pulling apart my BCG and cleaning it every time I shoot? Idk your avatar is what makes the boom stick go boom, figured it was important to keep it clean?:gunsfiring:

Mistifier likes this.
  13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Well......most guys on here are from the north east and AR type weapons are highly regulated or banned back there. There are a few guys I've come across that are into AR's and long range shooting but not many.
    I fully clean my BCG's about every 1000rds, I've found this cycle works well with what I'm shooting.

14. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Ya I thought of that after I posted it. I couldn't live in a place like that. My brother is the same way he cleans about that interval too. I don't know I just like to know if it hits the fan and I NEED the rifle to perform that's it's all good to go.

15. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Having 6spares assures me I'll always have a few clean ones.....Thumbs Up
    In the process on building 2 more, just because I can.

16. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

That works too! My brother just built a 6.5 Grendel. He loves it. Hopefully I can get out with him soon and shoot it. He's having a lot of fun out at 1,000 yards. I haven't even gone out that far with my 300 Weatherby mag.

17. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

I try to clean minearound 500rnds too, but sometimes I'm still shooting. I usually shoot suppressed, so it gets dirty pretty quick.
    Buff, whats the average distance u take prarie dogs at?

18. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

I haven't jumped in and got a tax stamp for a suppressor yet. My brother also just built a SBR and will probably get another stamp so he can suppress it. I have a feeling that once I shoot it I'll probably have to build one too! What suppressors do you like best? Arizona just passed legislation a couple years ago making it legal to hunt suppressed so that's added incentive to get one or three.

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Probably 150-175yrds would be the average, it really depends on the town you're sitting on. Unless wind I an issue
    +10mph we'll use .17HMR's out to 200yrds otherwise it's 5.56, .243 and 7.62 for long pokes

Mistifier likes this.
  20. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

I like silencerco, and most with a lifetime warranty, titanium (or whatever the newest lightweight is) and QD mount. I have an old YHM stainless that wieghs 2lbs., which feels like 30 on the end of a 20" bull barrel. Its not so bad on a carbine upper. I won a octane 45 at the zombie shoot, but they let me trade it for an osprey 45 (lower porfile so no need for supressor sights. And now I'm liking about adding a salvo 12. These stamps are addicting!!! You shoot your brothers sbr and you'll NEED one, just file for one now, so you don't have to wait as long.