1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hummers anyone?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Swampbeast, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

Well, I know this is the Chevy Forum, but Hummers are made by GM, so I figured this might be the best place to look.
    Does anybody know if I can get my hands on an old military Hummer? Is there a place I can go, an auction, or something like that? A place where the US Army or the Marines get rid of thier old Hummers? Or heck, if I can get a surplus one maybe?
    If anybody does reply, thanks for your help. Its most appreciated.

:cool:

2. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Hummers

Clarktruck.com

Hummers $25K their web site says

3. raceman6135

raceman6135 Member

Hmmmm.... judging by the 52 views (at the time I'm writing this) and only one reply, I'd say that I wasn't the only one thinking something else when I saw the topic....

Hummers anyone?

:eek: :eek:

4. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

Thank you Tommy. Thats precisely what I was looking for.

5. 68bullit

68bullit Member

he he he he,HE SAID HUMMMMMMMER!!!!

6. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

Forgive me, it might be because I didnt drink my coffee this morning, but what faux paus have I commited by putting the title "Hummers anyone" up there? This seems to cause some amusement.
    Am I missing something?!

7. 68bullit

68bullit Member

he he he he he said hummmmmmmers AGAIN hehehe:eek: :eek:

8. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

I remember a Peterson's 4wheel &Offroad article about military surplus Hummers a little while back. If I recall correctly, they will not be auctioning off or selling any more, and if they do, the won't once they get rid of the ones with the 6.2's and TH400's in them. Also you can expect to pay a fair amount of $$ to get them where they need to be, as you can imagine, most GI's in their 20's and 30's driving somebody else's Hummer probably aren't too easy on them. Doesn't help getting shot at.

9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

This thread has run it's course, and is now closed.

~Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.