1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hummer

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by wild bill, Jan 3, 2008.

1. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

any boady making a good plow for a h3 hummer 2008 ?

2. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Afford a plow contractor

Heck, you can afford to own and operate and put fuel in a 2008 H3 you can afford to pay a real snow contractor... besides... why plow with an awesome ride like that... just don't seem right......:cry:

My 2 cents

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Money & brains can sometimes be inversely proportional. There can also be a need to compensate for other inadequacy. Not saying either is the case here, but it's not uncommon.

That said, isn't it on a Chevy platform anyway? A Fisher can be installed on anything.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're basically on a Colorado/Canyon chassis.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't you mean "They're basically overloading a Colorado/Canyon chassis":D

The Colorado/Canyon chassis has little excess suspension capacity. It can only handle the lightest class plows, factor in the H3s additional weight it dis-allows mounting a snowplow.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If GM can do it, why can't we? ....cuz they have better loop holes that's why...:D

7. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Hummer No Problem

We have many plows on Hummers...and they are very enthused bunch...:nod:
    Check out our testimonials page we even have a customers Hummer video :cool:

8. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

He is talking about the H3 version not the original

9. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

H3

Works on H3 too.....

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

H3 is the 5 cylinder version (there is now the Alpha with the 5.3 V8) that isn't all that bad on gas, but isn't all that great off road either. The H2 is the Pig that ruined Hummers reputation. If anything maybe a snowbear would work on that H3.

11. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

We are running our 7ft. plows on Canyons it about traction and tongue weight with our plow.

12. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

h3

well guy's i heard it said you can' fix stupid ! i had to ask a customer that had more money than brain's asked me .:salute:

13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I hear ya there!