1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hummer with v plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jryder61, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Jryder61

Jryder61 Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone has any feed back about putting a Chevy 2500 rt3 hitch and v plow on a hummer 2? I also have the option to put either a 8'2 boss V plow on or 9'2 boss V plow any recommendations? It's main purpose is to be used for our sidewalk crew vehicle, but it will also be pushing snow depending on the circumstance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons Junior Member

your sidewalk crew drives around in a hummer?

i usually see the crews jump out of a beat up old cargo van
  3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Isn't that the definition of a hummer?
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Stranger things have been done I suppose. But I bet that Hummer was never designed to haul a 1000 lb plow....
    I think I would trade the hummer for a tonner.
  5. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Hummer H2's aren't 3/4 ton trucks, your kidding yourself if you think your putting that plow on it. They are glorified SUV's.

Use your head.
  6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

H2s are an HD suburban running gear for what I remember. I'd do it
  7. r6mikeyo

r6mikeyo Junior Member
    from Erie,PA

I believe they are on a regular Tahoe set up. I would look into it before you did anything.
  8. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

everyone is gonna throw there opinion in on this. bottom line is, it's your truck so you should do what you want. i personally plowed with a H2 for a couple years. it handled the plow fine.
  9. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

They're on a 2500 suburban frame they have 8 lug wheels I don't know how long it will hold up but I'm sure it will work.
  10. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

The frame and front end on H2s are a mix of 1/2 -3/4 ton , they are the only GM products with this setup . That said they plow pretty good but cant hold a 1K lb Xtreme Vee.
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We have installed Blades on the H2. They have their own frame. you can use a 2500HD mount as a starting point but you need to extend the frame horns.

Largest blade we've fitted on a H2 was a 29R weighing a little over 700lbs, handled it well. For pictures see our facebook page.
  12. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

The hummer sits on a Silverado frame. I do not know the specs. The H1 would handle it. If I was fortunate enough to own a H1 it would not be plowing snow. Military versions with the 6.5T soft tops can be bought at govdeals for $7500.00 and up. The personal H1 used $35k to 80k.

GM discontinued the hummer and sold. I'm not sure if they are manufacturing them new anywhere they would be out of my league.
  13. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

No it's not. It has 3/4 ton running gear on it
  14. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I see a guy running around town with an h2 and a stainless fisher on it. Its your truck, do what you think it can handle, I for one wouldn't plow in one.
  15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I thought everyone knew that H2's were on a truck frame. Guess not.
  16. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

2500 chevy trucks are not fit to plow with. Vega with a box.
  17. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy Member

i ran a boss poly 9.2 on one had to cut the chevy mount and bring it closer to the hummer it worked great.