1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hummer plow truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gutter21, Feb 7, 2008.

1. gutter21

gutter21 Member

Anyone know of any plows that will fit on a hummer H3......:confused:

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

why? I would not put on them. waste of money....

3. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

Trade in the hummer and buy two dodge's. :salute:

4. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Agreed, but change Dodge's to Chevy's. My families been running those for a long time, not as plowing vehicles, but we've never had reliability issues, ever.

I doubt you'll ever find a plow harness for an H3, nor does that seem like a very appropriate vehicle for the job at hand.

5. gutter21

gutter21 Member

lets see.........i would never waste my money on a dodge.......i work for a town with dodges and there completre garbage.......i was a mechanic for 10 years and dodge trucks had way to many problems..........has for chevys, i have nothing wrong with them .......ive plowed the past 3 years with a blazer and a meyers.......im not to crazy about meyers.....a hummer is a chevy any way you look at it....i do about 50 driveways....i need something small....ive thought about a jeep but would rather have a little comfort and the power is there with a hummer.....if you dont think so, then your out of your mind drive one a then talk about it....all im asking is some help to find a set up :drinkup::

6. zappalawn

zappalawn Member
    from pgh

a trailblazer or Colorado mount would work if they make one

7. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

I've gotta agree with kingwinter, get a dodge. For res, a 1500 would be great!

8. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

an H3 has like an inline 5cylinder Suzkie motor in it........so much for "chevy"...

9. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

hummers have imports for their engines? uhhh ooo...........:dizzy:

10. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

nooooo hummers have the vortec 6.0 my freind has one its nasty off roading

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The I-5 3.5 was a joint project that would allow it to be sold in several markets around the world. GM did some of the work and Isuzu did some. The US version has US engines and auto trans and is built in the US (still in Shreveport, LA..IIRC). The Isuzu Asian version has Isuzu motors.

That's an H2, not an H3 like gutter21 is refering to.

The H3X's do have the 5.3 Vortec V-8 though. Pretty quick too...

12. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

The guy asked if there is a plow that fits a H3.. he didn't ask your 2Cents on what truck you think he needs or should get.

Stfu with that **** already.

Is there a plow mount that will fit a H3.. Yes or No and can u direct him to one if there is..

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have seen fishers on hummers

14. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

15. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Not real sure what it is but the hummer with the truck box happening? Anyways there is one in town with a boss.

Boss reccomends a 7' sport duty for a colorado series truck which is what the h3 is based on correct??

16. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

you can put a fisher or a boss on a hummer i see them all the time on the military hummers i have probobly seen 15-20 at least

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:confused: And again that's not an H3 either...Thats an H1.

I know of no one that makes a bolt on mount for an H3..

Anyone remember this thread from just a month ago? H3 mount question

18. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Check with the plow dealer of your preferred brand of plow, the mount for a Canyon/Colorado may fit it since it is the same platform.

19. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Go to www.imageevent.com/redsgarage and look at the Boss plow pictures. He has a 7 ft. Sport Duty on an H3. The garage had to have made a special undercariage for the H3 to have a plow. That is the only one I have seen. SnoWay may also make a plow for the H3.

20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

reds garage thats in ny ?