1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hummer HT3

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by g-landscaping, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

deos anyone know if this would make a good plow truck. and if so what do u think is the biggest plow u can put on it?
    plow.jpg

sorry for the typo its H3T

plow.jpg

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's a Colorado, if you don't already know.

3. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

Please don't.

4. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

its not a colorado.....

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

colorado chassis.
    i would say no larger than a 7'6. Its only got a gvwr of 6100 and a curb weight of 5069. It is a very light duty vehicle.

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Ha Ha Hummer guy with Napoleon syndrome. Did you get that one with the big 5 cylinder?

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All the plows that fit a Colorado will fit the Hummer H3 because they are the same.

8. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

how do u figure?

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

because its built off the same fram has a chevy colorado, thats how.. that means that you can only run light duty plows on it.

10. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

You do know all Hummer H2 and H3s are just Chevy pickups frames and suspensions, right?

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

From wikipedia:

"GMT 355
    Main article: GMT355
    The GMT 355 is the redesigned S/T compact pickup truck design and the successor to the GMT 325 series. GMT 355s are built in Shreveport, Louisiana and Rayong, Thailand. GMT 355 uses an A-arm independent suspension in front and live axle with leaf springs in the rear. The Atlas straight-4 and straight-5 engines are widely used, with a V8 rumored in the future. A 4-speed automatic and 5-speed manual transmission are also specified.

The GMT 355 platform was actually a joint-venture with Isuzu, though most of the design was done by Isuzu. Part of the agreement was that GM had to sell it first in the U.S., to be sold legally as an Isuzu. Despite its close numbering to the GMT 360 (also part of the S/T family) series, the two programs share nothing.

The GMT 345 is the derivative of this platform as used on the Hummer H3.

GMT 345 Applications:

Hummer H3
    GMT 355 Applications:

Chevrolet Colorado
    GMC Canyon
    Holden Rodeo
    Isuzu D-Max (Isuzu i-Series) "

Although not noted above, the H3T is on the GMT-745, a modified GMT-355 platform, making it literally the same thing as the H3/Colorado/Canyon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummer_H3T

12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice find Newdude :nod:

13. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

i did not know that at all thanks for the info

14. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Thank you, haha :D

15. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

The "Alpha" version is availiable with the 5.3 V-8, but the rest of the truck is still too light duty for any serious work. I'm assuming the V-8 versions are running the same driveline as the Trailblazer SS. Too bad the 6.0 wasn't an option.

16. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Confused on the driveline part I am...?

17. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

I meant to say that I hope they put a stronger driveline in the trucks that come with the V-8. And as for the 6.0 comment...The TBSS's come with it, so I figured the Hummer guys would want the same "Bragging rights"

18. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

my question is = why is a will it fit and what do thay make for my h3 crap box doing in the pics only section. :confused:

19. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Nice rig.The guys are right on about the guts of your gear.For most people it was the looks not the actual heavyness of the H-trucks that they went for.That said, there are lots of s-10s plowing snow out there.Get the plow that matches the truck,use it right and you'll have alot of fun clearing the white out of your path.good luck

20. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

I did not know that either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.