1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hummer H2 & Plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by valpoguy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

New guy here, looking for some advice...Let me preface my question with a little information. My office has a small lot, there are approx 6 parking spaces, and the 2 driveways i want to do are approx 25' x 16' ...and i am not looking to plow for a living or do any sort of commercial work. I have a 07 Hummer H2 SUT, Looking to put a plow on it, a real plow, not one of the toys on ebay that mounts on the front hitch. There is a local guy that has 2 in his snowplow fleet, both are the western Wideouts, which causes some serious squating on the H2. Does anyone have any recomendations on brand and size? I have been leaning towards a 7'6 BOSS Straight, but recently I found a guy who will sell me a 1 year old BOSS V 8'2" with the touch controls, and mount for 3 grand...The V is heavier then i wanted to go, but according the the BOSS site is 770#'s where as the WIdeOut is 955#...anyways what do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

2. BuckeyeSiteWork

BuckeyeSiteWork Junior Member

Kalida truck equipment has pics of a hummer with meyer v on it i belive it is 8 foot. Looks like it carries it well.
  3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I would get an 8 1/2 ft strait blade. You don't need the added weight of a V or wideout for the job your doing. I think it will plow good as well. Good luck and post a pic of it once you set it up.
  4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

5. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Thanks for the reply's, I read through some of the other posts...I like the meyer since it has a mount, but I have heard nothing but bad things about them...is this true or just peoples opinions, I called one of the site sponsors CPW, and even the guy there said meyer changes things often so parts can be a pain.
  6. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

does the H2 use the 1500 or 2500 frame?
  7. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

It is a 3/4 Ton so I ASSUME its a 2500, from what I read it has 4000# axles in front.
  8. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

well thats a big plus but keep in mind they do have half ton suspension components.
  9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

put a 7.6 western pro on it and be done. you dont need anything bigger for the lot you are doing, NO need for a V or a Expandable plow since you are only doing your work. The western is makes the most reliable pump out there. Take my advice and go with it.
  10. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

A guy has been on Boston Craiglist trying to sell set of Fisher Push plates for a H2.
  11. 4x4North

4x4North Member

The H2 uses it's OWN frame, which is of a 3-piece construction. The front was initially based off of a 2500 frame, but heavily modified. The middle section is completely new, and rear section was originally based off of a 1500 frame that has been modified and strengthened for the GVWR.
  12. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Just an update, I contacted LuckyLawnboy, he happened to have the mount he used on his hummer...so I made the 2 1/2 hour drive down to him and picked it up, so I am going with a boss 8' straight blade, I didn't want the extra weight of the V, and the 8 footer was only a few pounds more then the 7'6. I will post some pics as soon as its installed. I am having a local boss dealer do the install.
  13. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

The 7.5 Meyers worked great for me.
  14. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Installed yet?

Did you get it installed yet? I am curious to see pictures/find out how it went.
  15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

This may have already been answered but with a 7.5' dont you drive over your windrow? H2's are wide as hell
  16. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Yep, its installed, will take some pics...on a side note it fell off today...I thought it was something i did, but apparently the hinge pins didn't have the cotter pin in them....so the whole a frame just fell off...I was really freaked out...i thought i did something wrong, rigged it with a couple screw drivers and drove carefully to the boss dealer and they got it all fixed up for me..I did take this one pic today.

Picture 022.jpg
  17. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Do you know what the part number is for that mount? I am trying to put a BOSS on my Hummer and they tell me they don't have a mount. Any help is appreciated.
  18. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

It uses a standard chevy mount, but it needs to be modified...I happened to find a guy on here who had a hummer with a boss plow and sold the hummer. Maybe your dealer will fab it?

Here is a pic with it on
  19. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Thanks a lot - do you know what type of chevy mount you are referring to? I called my dealer and he said that if he could know what type of chevy mount it is that they could modify it to fit my H2.

I appreciate your help.

20. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

I was told it is was the same as the GM 2500 series trucks, Luckylawnboy would know best he is who i bought it from.