1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hummer H1 with 9.6 Super V2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jim@esitrucks, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Local Fire Dept has this for fires up in the woods and hills. They insisted on the Meyer 9.6....so we obliged...yes he is planning on beefing up the front end

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

is that to much plow for that as far as weight or does it just need to be beefed up to handle the weight a little bit better?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very cool!!

4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Must be nice to have a bottomless bank account.

6. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

lol^

i do agree with the new boss though.. that thing looks like its about to tip over

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Maybe i'm the only one, that H1 just doesn't look that cool to me....and the meyer just makes it worse :laughing:

What else do ya have kickin' around Jim for new pics of projects! :D

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Like I said, they insisted on the Meyer...so we obliged. Since Meyer no longer makes the mount for it lets say it was an expensive project for sure. Let me see what we got going on and get some pics....

9. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

:nod: Ya I agree looks silly....

10. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

and i'm sure that municipality is crying broke like every other one.

great for your business but sucks for the taxpayers. if i lived in that jurisdiction and found about this i'd be at the town hall as soon as possible.

11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i cant believe meyer went with that ******** rubber flap in the center of the vee, cant figure out how that made it through to the production model.

12. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Well there are few reasons they would want a plow like that, being that it is a rural FD. Being they have a brush truck they probaly need acess to static water sources, ponds and lakes and streams to fill tankers. Second is if they have camps or far in homes they need to be able to get the trucks up to the scene. The wider the plow the better for the engines and tankers to get in. We have the same problems we have as many camp roads as we do main roads and this is a issue we run into every year. The plow goes on our brush truck around the middle of November and does not come off till May.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That would be awsome if it was a diferent plow IMO. I personaly would have put an 8'2" Boss V on it. But I would love to se it in action.

14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The plow looks cool, but it is still a Meyer. Nice work though Jim.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA government spending at its FINEST!

16. mercer_me

I'm not putting the fire dept. down, but I'd say that plow is just going to be a "toy" for them. I highly doubt they neaded a 9.5' V plow.

17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not bothered about a 9.5V as much as the fact that the apparently spent a fortune to have a custom made frame when I bet the could've bough a boss or western and spent a fraction of the cost.

18. mercer_me

That's true I never thought of that. They also would have got a better plow if they got a Western or Boss IMO.

19. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Very good point. Plowing deep, drifted snow off the beaten path would require a V to bust through. I too question "why meyer" but then again to each his own. Thanks for making a good observation-

Good job jim!

20. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

i think that the cra nk trailer jack on it to hold up the plow is kinda funny, got to love myers