1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Huge Snowstorm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Landscape89, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 Junior Member

TO ALL IN THE NORTHEAST:
    HERE WE GO.. this is what we have been waiting for. 12"-20"+ of snow esp. for Boston, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Good luck all! :bluebounc

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yep, Here in Northern NJ, NOAA has a Winter Storm Warning on my area, with total snow amounts of 12-18"+. Time to make some serious money!!! :waving:

3. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Oh yes, our time in Southeastern Mass has finally arrived. As of the 6pm news tonight, predictions have been upped to expected totals of up to 2 feet or more!!!! I love it when they measure in feet instead of inches.
    Yep, the "classic nor'easter" is on it's way. Supposed to begin late tomorrow afternoon and fall at 3" per hour through the night with strong winds, white-out and near blizzard conditions! I feel like Howard Dean when he made his "Yee Haaaa!" speech! I'm going to get all ready tomorrow morning and then sleep for a few hours in the afternoon/early eve.
    I can see being out for 24 hours or more straight with this one. It's going to be a thing of beauty! Show me the money!!! payup If things work out, I figure I'll be getting back in just in time to shower, get in my sweats, crack my first cold beer and watch the Patriots stomp all over the Steelers!!!
    Now that's my idea of the perfect weekend!

4. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

SNOW WILL MOVE IN SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND WILL CONTINUE SATURDAY
    NIGHT. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF SUNDAY MORNING. FINAL SNOW
    ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE 8 TO 12 INCHES BY SUNDAY MORNING...WITH LOCALLY
    HIGHER AMOUNTS IN THE HILLS. IN ADDITION
    TO THE SNOW...NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE SATURDAY
    AFTERNOON...AND WILL BE GUSTY SATURDAY NIGHT. STRONG
    NORTHERLY WINDS WILL PERSIST SUNDAY MORNING. THESE WINDS
    WILL RESULT IN SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

5. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I wonder if we will be getting that storm at well, I hope soo. From Wednesday/Thursdays storm we were supposed to get an inch and we got a little over a foot.

6. FF279

FF279 Banned

Guys, Get ready for the BIG ONE!! :) Good Luck to all, And stay safe, Checkin later with some progress over there, and maybe a couple of pics would be nice!! :waving:

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

DAM RIGHT!!!!!!
    That looks alot like my plan for the weekend
    GO PATRIOTS! :drinkup:

8. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

This one could turn into a noreaster for us again. With the snowfall amounts you are predicting for your area, this could turn into 3 feet for us. It's going to be a long weekend and I don't mean an extra day off. Hang on Harvey.

9. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

storm

bring it on baby not to brag but my area of central new jersey is in fraekinn purple purplebou do you know what that means freakinn purple18++++++++ purplebou yeee haaaww!!!!!!!!

10. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

weaterbug says 4"-8"

11. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Huge Storm

Looks like you guys are in for some serious pushing up there.

I think I'll be able to leave my plow at home this weekend and just use the salter.

Their calling for 1 to 3" of sleet and freezing rain down here, could turn into 2 feet of snow, or 2" of rain on top of 4" of snow we already have, we'll find out within the next 36 hours.

Hey, if any of you guys have large lots to push, shove it to the South side.......real hard. Awight? :bluebounc

12. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

Huge Snow Storm

Finally EAH????The guy on fox new's say's 9"-16" in my area.Upstate NY.I got to get all the bug's worked out on my one ton dually(she's getting old)the 2 minor 3"-4" storm's we got at the begining of this month.But Now the real deal is on it's way for tomarow into sunday.My one ton is tierd as in frame only.Not rust hole's or nothing,it's just plowed,and hualed,and worked since 1979.I put in a new long block 2 year's ago with new clutch,rehabed NP435,and a low milaged NP205.Ive put 2 rear end's in it too.but the truck had over 400K on it when I got it.It's a 1979 F-350 4x4 Dana 60's,and I added a Arrocraft dually kit,and dump box.What a bear in the deeeeep snow.Locked,Cocked,and ready to ROCK!!! :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

13. szippijr

szippijr Member
    from S.E Pa

go pack sand

Go pack sand dave at bolts inds.

14. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

well jeff fox from channel 8 says the southeast half of the state could recieve as much as 30". this one will take a while.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Good Luck to all you guys. I hope you get what you wish for. Remember to take the time to eat and drink lots. There will be lots of fools on the roads and you guys are going to be busy so stay alert. We are expecting 2" to 4" and thats enough for me.

16. jimslawns

jimslawns Junior Member
    from Mid MO

I'm SO Jealous :gunsfiring:

17. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Geoff fox of channel 8 said up to 10 foot snow drifts :dizzy: .I think we may be cleaning up this storm for a while.

18. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

OHHHHH :realmad: Here she comes ready or not. Got the plow fluid changed today and the sander lubed up. As of 10pm here in fairfax county virginia NOAA is calling for 6-10" tomorrow and another 2-4" tomorrow night. They say to expect bizzard conditions during the day with accumulations topping 2-3" per hour, white out conditions. We'll have to see how right they are. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow night of the fun. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable push tomorrow.

19. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Well.......After watching the weather at 11pm, it looks like that central NH is going to get between 6 to 12 inches. I was hoping for more, but what can you do. It is a good thing I got my plow pump repaired just in time on my 8'. Good luck to you all!!!

20. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

This will def be a top 5 event like their predicting if these forcasts stand........def chaining up the loaders and the Mack's......prolly put the roll plow and wing on the 4x4 Mack.........10 ft drifts will need some serious plows and trucks with weight