1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Huge Mistake

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by long0, Oct 1, 2003.

1. long0

long0 Senior Member

I spent all day yesterday at the Richie Bros. auction in Denver yesterday. I was looking for a gooseneck trailer but instead made a huge mistake.

I have an Allis Chalmers HD6 dozer with a winch. The winch has been giving me a few small problems in the last couple of years, and while at the auction, I found another winch.

ITS TOO BIG!!!!!

mvc-005f.jpg

2. long0

long0 Senior Member

Rated at 120-Tons

mvc-003f.jpg

3. long0

long0 Senior Member

If anybody needs a really big winch or knows somebody that is interested let me know. I will take pennies on the dollar!!!

Couple more pics

mvc-001f.jpg

4. long0

long0 Senior Member

5. long0

long0 Senior Member

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

hmmmmmmmmmm you could make a business out of that thing. Buy a Deuce and a half and mount it on the bed. When a residential or commercial customer doesn't pay you throw a chain around their house/business and start winching it off the foundation. :)

Jay

7. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

May be the navy could use it for an anchor?:D

8. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Mounting kit

Can you provide a mounting kit for a 91 Dodge 1 ton?
    Thanks Hyperpack

9. long0

long0 Senior Member

Ahhh, Way to big for a pickup. I did a little research on it and it is designed for a D8 or larger dozer.

I have a buyer for it around here. He is mounting it on a D9 to pull himself out of the gravel pit. Thanks though.

Andy