1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

huge condo/apt complex, what equipment?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

What would you put on this site? its in NJ, so not snow like in Maine or Buffalo, NY, but this is what i assume.

two push boxes/skids/tractors
    two trucks, id say smaller the better since its so many small areas, like f150s with straight plows
    if there were half ton trucks... youd definitly need a dedicated salt truck, how many TONS would this place use up? Apparently, its the whole place, all cement areas and driveways call for spread calcium.

Id also say 4 walk behind snow blowers and one machine such as a small tractor or skid with a blower for the cement driveways and all open sidewalks you can easily maneuver into.

Id say load up a tailgate spreader with strait cal and unload into each driveway one after another.

Id be worried on a site like this with less than 6 laborers on the blowers and shovels and 5 guys driving equipment around.

For what it pays, i wont even consider it, i almost fell over after seeing how much it was offered at when i saw the sheer size of this complex :/

two condo apart complex.jpg

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Ram -not sure which areas are inlcuded, but it looks like 2/3 is "apartment style" parking where you clear drive lanes and schedule clean-outs for one or two visits a day later. If that's the case, I think you are one skid heavy on your estimate but right on the sidewalks.

best estimate wo full specs.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah half are townhouses, privately owned i think but pay assoc. fees, the other half are apartments..

So you'd be doing all driveways, parking lots, roadways, sidewalks, steps and sidewalks to the homes from the curb to the front door...

You think one skid is fine? i guess it could sit there all storm long. The contract doesnt say if they want it pushed every 2" or until clear or twice daily lol. YOu know how it always is, "ill pay you a one set low azz fee", but you gotta plow every 2" or else we dont pay for anything lol

4. big acres

big acres Senior Member

WO looking at site again on my phone. I figure no more than an hour for the th's with concrete drives with a truck/skid combo... walks not incl.

For the rest maybe another 2 hours with the combo for a lanes to full width on a 2-4", and a return visit of 1.5 to clean the stalls after people have gone to work.

Of course, I would not bill at straight time rates. We typically don't go in at evry 2" here... more like 3-4... your thoughts?

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I think you need a bigger screen on your phone. i think it will take considerably longer than what you just quoted.

6. big acres

big acres Senior Member

That may be true, but I don't think too much more.... mainly on the clean up. I can't see every spot to pile and I don't know how much stacking is planned over night, but I do see a lot of tiny lots... many of which are a few stright pushes. Work the skid and the truk together right and it should work. I am definetly sure about the THs and do not belive the big lot in the lower rigtht is included.