1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Huge Commercail Job

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRSlawn, Oct 6, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I am bidding on a huge church they have 5 parkinglots all 50-100 spaces 1 mile of private road and 4000ft of sidewalk that veries in width between 4-30 ft. How would I go about pricing this out the walks get calcium and the lots and street get salt app. I have no idea where to get started on this.
    Please help! :help:

Jeff Smith
    JRS Lawn & Landscape
  2. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

What kind of equipment would you be using to do the job? loader--dump trucks with sanders--a few guys with plows???
  3. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I currently have a 2004 350 with 8ft blade, 95 chevy 2500 7.5 blade both have salters, a john deere ator with plow that I am looking to sell for a 4 wheeler with blade, Also if needed I have a 763 bobcat. I would have 3 emploeyes on a job of this size 2 plow one for 4 wheeler and calcium. Do you think I should need more? What kind of price range are we looking at here?

Jeff Smith
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Consider pricing this job by the hour and by the bag, at least for the first year. Until you learn how to bid these correctly you will either not get the job (too high), or lose your shirt (too low)...My large jobs that similar to yours are still billed by the hour even after 5+ years of doing them...

My truck hours differ by the type of equipment on it....(plow size,etc and whether its me or an employee driving)