1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by badranman, Jan 4, 2004.

1. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Has anyone else had problems with losing hubcaps on their 3500's? My buddy had a '01 3500 crew cab dually and now has a '03 same truck and he loses hubcaps all the time. Hits a bump and Wheeeee...it's passin ya!
    Can he do anything to prevent this? He's tried aftermarket but they did the same thing. :dizzy:
  2. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I never really had problem on newer trucks but maybe the tire center used impact to tighten them and Striped them out.
    the one on my older truck u lost a few but Tweaked them with pliers to make them tighter
  3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Never had a porblem with mine but thatnks for the heads up I'm going to check them today!!!
  4. badranman

badranman Senior Member

He's tried the plier trick but it didn't work. Also, do any of yours squeak if you listen at low speeds?
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

you talking the little centercap deals with the plasting nuts that screw onto the studs? Or actual snap on hub caps?
  6. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

I've never lost one, but I check them often and ussually have one or two that are loose.
    The nut's 'click' when you tighten them up good. There's small notches in the cap and nubs on the nut's, they are supposed to lock together preventing them from coming loose.
    I tighten them pretty good, and they still have do what they want.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  7. badranman

badranman Senior Member

The whole hubcap that snaps on.
  8. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

Hmm, different cap. sorry about that.

Those must be like the older one's with the metal 'web' under them?
    If so, i've had to spread the tangs that lock onto the lug nut's in order to grab the nut tightly.
    If the're not the ones either, i'm at a loss.
  9. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Next time you need tires check EBAY for tires, stick to your local market. Usually, you can get a set of upgraded mag type wheels with new tires for less than the cost of the tires. I recently picked up a set of wheels and new tires for my C2500 for $250.