1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 1olddogtwo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

What kind of salt truck auger are we talking about here? like one of the salter installed on the back of a dump truck?
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

article says it was made by buyers. v box of some sort I guess?

so, had he climbed inside this thing when it was running to clean it?
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Im not sure,a bunch of the chicago guys had gone the wake last month , maybe they will chime in
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Says he is sueing Rugby too so I assume it was a tailgate unit? I'm sure Russ will know more of what type of spreader it was.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Yea thats why i assumed it was an under tailgate unit.
  7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

That's a really sad story but I don't see what the point of the lawsuit is. The equipment is not meant to be worked on when it was running hence the controls being in the cab of the truck. Not only that but loose clothing and jewelery is a major no no around any type of running equipment (not that you should be even that close to begin with). Its only speculation because we don't know the exact circumstances but if that happened up here we wouldn't be suing anyone, the Ministry of Labour would be walking away with our company for safety violations.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  8. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

from reading the article it sounds like the unit was a Buyers under-tailgate installed on a Rugby dump body bought from a Chevy dealership.