1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS Swing Angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by blacksmith13, Feb 5, 2014.

1. blacksmith13

blacksmith13 Junior Member

I have a brand new HTS. I have noticed several instances where the plow will swing "on it's own." Sometimes it is the result of having too much snow loaded up on one side, which I understand. Other times, it will swing side to side without touching the controls. Other times, you tap the swing button, and it swings from one side completely to the other. Been back to the dealer, where (they say) they replaced all the valves and popets. They claim they were unable to duplicate the problem. I continue to have the same issue, and I am considering making them give me a new handheld to try. Sumptin be goofy.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

2. blacksmith13

blacksmith13 Junior Member

I will add that it only happens when it's down with the float lite lit. I have tried to video, but of course it won't happen when I actually remember to hit "record."

3. ColliCut

ColliCut Member

My unimount does the same thing, I'll tap one of the angle buttons and it'll swing all the way over. Sometimes that stinks, other times I find it useful... Sorry I can't help you solve the problem but I'd be interested in hearing your solution when you find it!

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

In the case of the HTS I would be looking at the plow module or handheld controller. HTS is multiplex, that means the commands are encoded and then send down a single wire and then decoded. The plow module receives all the commands and then closes relays that actuate the motor relay and valves. If it is not doing it's job or is "********" then is will do all kinds of strange things. The controller could also be sending bogus commands down the pipe.
    The uni will be a whole different story. It has no multiplex so there is no "********" plow module to blame. In your case I would try a new controller since it's hard wired to each valve. Maybe sticky buttons too, did you spill coffee or pop on it?