1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Kollerman, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

I have a guy selling what looks to be blade and handheld controller only HTS in my area. He installed in 12/09 and has used it only to plow out his own business' parking lot (very small business here in town). He is asking $2500 OBO for this.

It looks like I would then need to get the truck mount (I believe part # 67960-1) and harness. Now when I got on the Western website, it gives me a few options for 3-port or 4-port. Which one of these do I choose? It defaulted to 3-port, so is that what I should go with?

Also, is $2500 a good deal for the plow and controller only?

Thanks.

Jeremy

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

The 3 port is the newer one. With the 4 port you had 2 headlight cables as in the 3 port you only have one. You can find the controller cheaper online if you don;t mind the wait in shipping

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The three port is the way to go only because it is the newest version. You are going to need the truck mount, the headlight harness, the power cable and the control harness. You are still looking at quite a bit of money. I would be calling a Western dealer in your area and ask them what a new, installed HTS would cost and then ask for the parts to complete this one. I suspect you won't be saving much.