1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS - Plug Plow in, Angles Left & Motor Wont Stop.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bobby Plow, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Bobby Plow

Bobby Plow Junior Member

I went to hook up a Western HTS to a F150 yesterday. The plow was on a hill and used the controller to help line it up. All was going well until the controller stopped functioning and the plow angled left on its own. I had to disconnect the power to the plow to get the motor to stop running. Replaced the solenoid with a new one purchased from Western dealer. Checked connections, fuses, ran continuity through all wires. When I plug in the power to the plow, the pump motor imeadiatly starts and blade goes left. Motor won't stop unless unplugged. Any help please!!!

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Clean the power plug first, look for crushed or damage on that cable. Pull cover and look for damage to the black ground wire to the solenoid or the white and brown wires.

3. Bobby Plow

Bobby Plow Junior Member

I checked the connections and continuity to all 4 wires from plug to plow and the small black wire from Mod plug to Neg terminal. All seemed to be fine. I have been beating my head against the wall so please, any other ideas?

4. hwilson

hwilson Junior Member

If your power and ground cables look good and not pinched, the solenoid is probably stuck in a closed position. Try tapping on the solenoid with a wrench to see if it unsticks. If this doesn't work, you will probably need to replace the solenoid.

5. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I had a wiring harness do this once it waz under a floor mat and got corrosion and shorted out even when the controlerwas shut off