1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS plow on a 2500?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Jan 22, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

currently have an HTS plow on my 1500. i do 2 driveways.

physically i now the plow will fit and work, i am also aware that the plow is very light weight. but it works now.

i am upgrading my truck this year and am going to get a 2500 this time. i can't see selling my HTS for a big loss and paying top dollar for a new plow just to do 2 driveways when i can just buy the truck side of the mount and rock on.

again this is not a commercial application, what are your thoughts?
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

If you "strictly" do two drives and that's it, I would say go ahead and do what you're doing. But if you have any plans on going any further in the future I'd definitely get a new blade.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The truck side install (mount and electrical) is exactly the same for a full size plow as it is for the HTS hobby plow. So, I would say go for it if the HTS is all you need. Then, whey you decide you want a real man's plow all you have to do is sell the HTS, by a new commercial grade plow and plug it in... No modifications needed on the truck at all. The only thing you would need to do is install big plow receivers on the mounts, one pin, done.