1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS/MVP controller/recievers

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Zrxpilot, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Zrxpilot

Zrxpilot Member

Finally taking the plunge and moving up from my HTS to an MPV.

Have a dealer that is willing to work with me. Both of us are confident that the new MPV will slide right in and work just fine with no complex modifications.

Wondering about the controller and receivers.

My HTS controller looks just like the controller that comes with a new MPV but I see the part numbers are different.

HTS pn 96900
    MPV pn 96500

Both 4 pin connectors.

Havent had any luck finding a website with part numbers that detail the recievers.

Hoping its just the decal that's different.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would be surprised if anything crossed over. I don't know a great deal about the HTS but I don't believe the truck side is in the same league as the fleet-flex

3. Zrxpilot

Zrxpilot Member

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

uhh. a truck that had an HTS and now going to an MVP+? that's quite a jump, weight-wise.

the receivers for the HTS are different, so you'll need the normal receivers (67858 and 67859).
    Yes the controls are the same except for the decal, so all good there.

5. Zrxpilot

Zrxpilot Member

^ Thank you.

Truck is an 05 2500 HD W/8.1L. Standard cab longbox. No snow plow prep but has Z85 increased capacity chassis package whatever that is. Also heavy duty trailering. Not using it for commercial work. Should be ok.

Looks like a set of Timbrens are next on my list. Maybe a bigger generator? Spec sheet says I have 105 amp.

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I would be surprised if your alternator is only 105 amps!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

105A is the standard on those trucks John. The plow prep equipped trucks got the 140A.

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yea I looked it up. Just surprised! Kind of use to the plow prep set up. Thought it was common to have 125 or higher. Thanks Mike!

9. Zrxpilot

Zrxpilot Member

You guys were right. New Mvp fit right up. Same controller, different receivers. Did the swap tonight. You can definitely tell there is another 400 lbs on the front compared to the HTS.

Have a 200 mile drive home. Do I even dare drive it home with it hooked up?

10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hmm. that's quite a ways. hope you made it ok. sometimes when we mount plows that have to drive a long way, the customer has us put the plow in the back of the truck. but then you need a forklift or chain hoist to unload it.